  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Barry Kruyssen

  With regards to the trim, Many gliders do not have a control surface trim,
instead they use a spring (or springs) to trim the aircraft.  As my elevator is
not balanced, but I do have a trim control surface, I attached a length of
shock cord (stretch bungy cord) to my top elevator cable and stretched it
through the seat back to hold my elevator level and tied it off (not
adjustable). I hardly need to use my trim.  (NOTE: in sailing we use shock cord
into cleats to assist in trimming some of the smaller sailing boats, this is
where I got the idea)