Hi guys
Thanks to everyone that tried to stear me in the right direction regarding
CG location. I have really very limited knowledge of aerodynamics and have a
few questions of how the CG is determined. The way I see it is this : After
the "designer" has finished designing his aerofoil, he does some more
calculations or some testing (wind tunnel?) to determine the CG range that
the aerofoil is happy at regardless of what plane it will ultimately be used
on. Then again I suppose that would depend on the amoumt of load the wing is
expected to carry and the speed it is expected to carry it at.
So if I stick to an ultimate aft limit of 30% MAC I should be OK??? By the
way, what are the published figures that everyone talks about. I only have
the remains of a very old manual and I guess that bit of info is missing. if
it wasn't for two friends who had built three KRs between them, I might
never have got this far.
Mark, the tube is for the mains and yes it is a retract I'm afraid (all
three wheels). I am basing the system on a design by Stelio Frati called the
"Pinguino". I figured it took me nine years to get this far, I might as well
try to produce something really unusual as well as not make it any heavier
than the fixed gear.
Thanks again guys.
Cheers
Dene Collett