A few years ago, the first time I started thinking about building a
KR<something>, there was a bunch of talk about the difficulty of finding
decent sitka spruce. Has that changed any? Because of that, and the need for
more strength, I had decided to use douglas fir. That decision still stands
for the most part, but now I'm thinking I'd rather buy wood locally so I can
get what I need for a weekend without getting slaughtered with shipping.
Doing it that way will reduce the chances of wood getting damaged while
waiting to be used.

Anyway, is there anyone in/near Houston that knows of a lumberyard that
carries a BUNCH of douglas fir in fairly large lengths? I need 14' minimum,
16' would be nice so I can true up both ends.

Hey, here's a thought. How about if I get ahold of my friendly neighborhood
EAA chapter and start bugging them? ;) There's one at CXO where I'm planning
on keeping my KR and whatever spam can we wind up with.
--
Steve
N205FT