Hi Guys
I am busy building the main gear legs for my tri gear and was just wondering
where the other guys with tri gear configs have positioned their wheels with
regard to the rear face of the main spar. I am able to get the centre of the
wheel about 215mm from the rear face of the spar. I would be interested if
all those with tri gear configs and have the info available would send it to
me privately.
I was looking at John Shaffer's plane and it would seem that his wheels are
a bit closer than this. Is there not a standard percentage weight that the
mains should handle or is it ok as long as the wheels are behind the rear CG
limit.
Thanks.
Dene Collett
KR2S-RT builder