OK,
This is the kind of stuff, that if you read the whole thing it makes you leary
of doing anything to your airplane. I mean, if this guy in this story changed
from a standard air filter to a high volume air filter, could this not be
said to be a major modification and therefore would result in no insurance
coverage. I mean an air filter change can have a direct effect in the air
fuel mixture which can result in both short term results to long term engine
fialure. Or at least it could be resonably argued in a court of law. ( my
family is big in injury law, and no I have nothing to do with it)

This just makes me think. At what point in time do these insurance companies
ever say , "Well, we can't take your money" but they will certainly fight
to keep from paying a claim. Don't get me wrong, I can see both sides of
the story here, but feel that the determining factor of the crash was not
relevent to the argument from the insurance company as to their willingness to
pay.

I guess the bottom line on this makes me wonder. Was his accident a result
of a fuel related failure, if so I guess I would say the insurance company had
an argument, but if the accendent had nothing to do with a fuel related
problem, then I think there point is moot. But this case is based on
contractual obligation, not right and wrong.

I just wonder, " Does something like this make you stop and wonder and want to
think twice about the next time you go flying. And how what you did on your
last routine maintenance check on your airplane could effect the
finiancial stabilty of your family and the home they live in. It certainly
makes me think of the risks I am taking to my childrens way of life each time I
drive to the airport.

Jeff York
Lexington. KY.
KR-2 N839BG