I was just looking at my new Grove one piece gear and seeing how the wheels
and brakes would go on.  I had the gear gun drilled for the brake lines.
They obviously drill from the end of the legs and the 1/4" NPT thread comes
out the bottom of the legs pointing straight down.  In order to have the
Cleveland brakes clear the gear leg they have to be on the bottom.
Therefore, unless you put about an inch and a half spacer between the axle
and the gear leg there is no way to hook a brake line to the bottom fitting
on the gear.  I am assuming that the intended way to attach the line is to
drill a brake line port from the aft facing side of the gear leg into the
other port, tap it, and put a plug on the end port of the gear.
Unfortunately, I can't call them until Monday so if anyone sees that I am
missing something let me know.  Looking at it it seems obvious that this is
what is intended, but I am wondering why it was not done like that when I
received it.

Brian Kraut
Engineering Alternatives, Inc.
www.engalt.com