OK Guys,
I found the URL for the book that I read on GPS's.... it's written by John
Bell, a 757 jockey.
if you click/paste on: http://www.cockpitgps.com/cpgpsweb/main.htm that will
take you right to his website.
  Or try: http://www.cockpitgps.com/ for even more info...
Everything you wanted to know about GPS but were afraid to ask!

larry flesner <fles...@midwest.net> wrote:
, I learned that the primary difference between Aviation GPS's and
Non-Aviation rated GPS's such as Marine units is the times per minute that
they update.
> The Aviation units update many times more per minute than ground or
marine based units.
>Scott Cable

I have a seven year old Lawrence 300 and recall reading in the manual
when I purchased it that the unit can be set to update once every
five seconds or once every second. I guess I'd better check what
mine is set for now that I'm using it in the KR. I may be there
already !!! :-)

Larry Flesner

Scott Cable
KR-2S # 735