Remember by widening the fuselage, that you'll have to order a wider canopy,
and build your own forward deck, and turtledeck, because the "pre-molded" parts
that RR sells will no longer fit.  Not a huge deal here, because you can get a
wider canopy through Todd's.  Sure you could pie-section the decks and glass-in
the gap, but by the time you do that, you've added a bunch of weight.
  My 2S project was widened 3 inches by the previous builderwhich forced me
into building my own Forward deck, canopy frame and turtledeck.   My turtledeck
weighed half as much (7 lbs) as the RR "pre-molded" part (14 lbs).
  If you're interested in seeing what I went through to build it go to:
http://www.kr-builder.org/ScottCable/index.html
 If I were to do it again, I would widen the fuselage to 46 inches (inside),
reason being by the time I built the arm rest and seats, it still was, a
little, shall we say "cozy".  This caused me to re-think the flap handle and
put in a electric linear actuator to drive the flaps.  There was just not
enough room inside to manipulate the flap handle.  I was planning to mount the
flaps to a torque tube, and the actuator was going to mount inside the CF
armrest.  The elevator bellcrank was going to pivot about the same torque tube.
and the aileron return cable was going to route through the center of the tube.
  See what happens when you change one thing....?
Never ends!
Stephen Jacobs <jayq...@microlink.zm> wrote:
The KR2 and KR2s are the same in this dept - 34" wide.

This should not be an issue as most every KR built deviates in terms of
cockpit width. Widening the cabin by as little as 4" makes a big
difference.

Scott Cable
KR-2S # 735
Wright City, MO