Orma; I think I read somewhere that LED bulbs are rated at 10,000 hrs but
don't quote me on it. They are now available at auto parts places as the
kids today are using them on their flashy new cars. Available in a wide
range of colors including red white and green. The candlepower output is
close if not the same as the 1156 but have no filament to break due to
vibration and they develop less heat. That is the way I'm going as their
long life allows that they be semi-permanently mounted behind a clear panel
on the wingtip for less drag. They also now sell 12 volt variable rate
strobes at these same places and I have purchased three for the grand total
of $85 Cdn which is roughly 70 American
Doug Rupert