This morning I headed to the airport to do some flying behind a Warp Drive
3-blade prop that I installed last night. This is one of the prop bank props
and is a 52" diameter. I set the pitch at 19° which is equal to 54" pitch.
Anyway, my static rpms yielded the same as my 2-blade Sterba 56x64 prop. The
big difference in static was that with the Warp Drive set at 54" pitch, I could
not hold the plane still at full static rpm. The brakes would not keep the
plane from creeping forward. With the Sterba 56x64 I could easily keep the
plane from moving. I then taxied to the beginning of the runway to do a
pre-flight run up. Rpm set, all temps looking good, right ignition - check,
left ignition - ENGINE DIED. The engine would run fine on my right ignition but
would die if I flipped the switch to the left ignition. I taxied back to the
hanger and started troubleshooting. The culprit was a set of closed points.
This distributor has 34 running hours alternating between ignition systems. I
did not have the correct allen wrench with me to reset the gap so I will do
that on my next trip to the airport.
I have sent my Sterba 56x64 back to Sterba for re-pitching. It will be a 54x54
when I get it back.

Mark Jones (N886MJ...FIRST FLIGHT made 3-20-2005)
Wales, WI  USA
E-mail me at flyk...@wi.rr.com
Visit my KR-2S CorvAIRCRAFT web site at
http://mywebpage.netscape.com/n886mj/homepage.html