"about the VW"

Hello Steve
Each of us that fly's a VW share in the frustration and other emotions that
an engine failure bring to bear, especially those of us that have first hand
experience.  When I hear of engine problems I always like to ask for more
details, because it helps me evaluate my engine.  If you don't mind, please
reply with the following information:
1.  Which engine type 1/3 or 2/4
2.  Was it a conversion from a known maker i.e. Revmaster, GPASC, or
homebuilder
3.  What size was the crank, 66mm, 78mm ??
4.  Did the crank have an aftermarket bearing in the front, such as GPASC's
Force One bearing.
5.  Do you know the location of the break in the crank?
6.  What type of prop, Wood, Plastic??
7.   Do you feel that there were circumstances which contributed to the
failure such as the 3 G pull up
8.  Last question,  were you aware, as soon as it happened.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Orma
Southfield, MI
N110LR Tweety, old enough to drink this year
Flying and more flying, to the gathering or bust
http://www.kr-2.aviation-mechanics.com/