From: Doug Rupert [mailto:drup...@sympatico.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2005 8:08 PM
To: 'KRnet'
Subject: RE: KR> Mechanical

I know what you mean there. Off the shelf items are off the planet price
wise. One could theoretically use the injection system off a V-6 Chevy on
the Corvair and reprogram it with one of those aftermarket black boxes.. but
that is theory, practice might be something else altogether. I think William
would be the one to ask regarding the feasibility with the Corvair. However
VW has manufactured and used fuel injection on their air-cooled engines for
years so getting one from a junk yard is not impossible. The wiring and
program diagrams are posted on the net and if anyone wants them just ask and
I'll ship them off channel.
Doug