Serge its Society of Automotive Engineers, lol, and they have a National group
in the US and an International one that advocates as much standardization as
reasonable among auto manufacturers. Their main function as I understand them
is to create and maintain standards by which automobiles are measured by along
with parts and support industry. By that I mean uniform standards for measuring
things like horsepower and torque, and establishing standards for measuring
fluid quality and use, like for oils and coolant. It seems to me that their
purpose was more for accurate information getting to the consumer, and his
ability to make selections based on a standard scale rather than just
advertising.

John as long as we keep the pickup tube immersed in motor oil we should be okay
at any reasonable mounting angle, and once in flight positive g's will keep the
oil returning properly. Maybe we should ask William Wynne if it should just
become the standard to over fill the Corvair to the bottom of the pushrod
tubes, and call this aviation full.

Colin
crain...@cfl.rr.com
http://kr-builder.org/Colin/index.html