Sounds like a great design, and a pure "KR style" solution. Be sure I will
copy that one day!

"Randolph R. Clark" <rrcl...@carrollsweb.com>

Envoyé par : krnet-boun...@mylist.net
2005-05-12 22:20
Veuillez répondre à KRnet
Remis le : 2005-05-12 22:20

        Pour :  "KRnet" <kr...@mylist.net>
        cc :    (ccc : Serge VIDAL/DNSA/SAGEM)
        Objet : Re: KR> Canopy

Jim,
   I built my KR in 1986.  My 1835 eng still performs well.  I have
double ignitions but no starter.  My 8 amp alt. is in the wing with
a small 4 bladed prop that spins it up nicely.  My canopy opens
to the side and is held in place by 2 aluminum tubes connected
in the middle by a spring in between the tubes so they stay together when
drop the canopy.  When I open the canopy a
small overlapping tube slides over the connection to hold the
2 alum. tubes straight.  I have a small wire that drops down to
connect to the instr. panel to hold everything solid.  Airplane
weighs about 540 lbs and flys well kept light.
Randy Clark
Salina, Ks.