Hi Netter.

My Franklin 120A that is going into my KR2M burns 3.5 Imp.Gal/hour. That is at
max power. This is 3.5 x 4.5 = 15.75

liters per hour. Now you figure the rest, gasoline costs Ca $0.93 for 92 octane
auto gas. That is US $0.76 per liter,

Based on todays Canadian prices. When I was in Panama recently I found that the
gas prices were about US $0.50 per US gal. or about US $0.125 per liter. Last
month I was in Portugal where the price of regular unleaded auto gas was
Ca$1.75 per liter. (US $ 1.44 per liter.) I did not check the price of high
octane auto fuel.

All of this when oil is about US$50. per barrel. My flying could cost me
Ca$14.65 an hour for gas. How much does your engine burn per hour, Max? Gas
prices can only go up. If some terrorist blow up the Saudi pipeline and supply
is cut off for even a few months, the price of crude oil will hit US$100. per
barrel.Then watch the price of gas go up. The reason that gas is cheap in
Panama is that they dont tax it. We do . Europe really knows how to tax gas. In
the near future we will have to use more efficient engines in our planes.

Regards

Harold Woods

Orillia,ON.Canada

haroldwo...@rogers.com