"We use a nice bright color to help remind people to remove the tape prior
to flying."

As an old military mechanic we used to place tape over the pitot and static
system during aircraft washes.  As the plane was turned over to the mechanic
for wash, the status of the plane was changed to grounded and recorded in
the aircraft flight forms, so that no pilot was allowed to fly the plane
until it was verified that the tape had been removed.  Placing tape over the
pitot system is a dangerous practice.  All general and military aviation
pitot static covers have long red streamers stating REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT.
Without that extra effort there is always a chance that tape will be missed
during preflight.

Orma