Larry I am gonna knock just alittle more dust off.

Ground effect actually begins the height above the ground that equals the width
of the wingspan, and is most pronounced at half the width of the wingspan
(where we feel its effects the most).  Ground effect for fixed wing aircraft is
defined as the effect that the proximity to the ground has on the airflow
patterns about an aircraft's wings. It effects ALL fixed wing aircraft
regardless of engine or not, or wingspan length.  It has the gradually
increasing effect of "straightening" the airflow out over the wings reducing
drag giving a performance increase with out the associated drag component that
exists at altitude. BY canceling the wingtip vortices, which restores tip lift,
and smoothing airflow over the rest of the wing, reducing drag the airplane
gets this performance increase.  For more on this see The Airplane Flying
Handbook printed by ASA and available at nearly any pilot shop, Sportys, AS&S,
King Schools, and more. And while you are at it, check out the Handbook of
Aeronautical Knowledge also printed by ASA. It will remind all pilots of the
basics and bring you up to speed if it has been awhile since you looked at the
Regs etc...

Colin Rainey
Sanford, FL

Almost all the Corvair parts in, ready to assemble....
Trailer gone with Jim Ferris to pickup his KR2S....