"If your tires are getting old it my be time to change them. Blew a tire on
landing today, that will keep you on your toes!! It was a lamb tire that was
8 years old. My be this Florida heat."

I agree!!
  I Blew a tire on take off last week and aborted the run.  I thought that I
was going to get another "blue light special"  (runway light)  but all was
well.  When I researched tires I found that the same size tire for my KR2
came in several ply ratings. and of course I had the 4 ply.  I ordered the 8
ply and flew them yesterday.  All went well.
  I gather these specks from wicks aircraft
2 ply 210 lbs capacity
4 ply 325 lbs capacity
6 ply 625 lbs capacity
and the 8 ply 850 Capacity.
  The price difference is not all that much so get the 8 ply, so if you mush
in trying to take off on a HOT day just a little out of trim.......   I'm
not saying that is how I blew a tire last week but....

Hope to see all at the gathering
Brian G. Douglas
N8575C KR2 was a TD
Killeen Texas