Hello all,

I would like to introduce myself to the group before I get started. *
smiles*

My name is Jeff Wilder and I am from the Denver, Co area. I have receintly
purchased a KR2 that was streched 14 in before the KR2S pans were avialble.

The plane is currently about 60%-70% finshed.  No motor, radios.. just the
90% finished hull and 70% finsihed wings. Its on fixed tri gear. Diehl wings
w/ fuel tanks.

I have a few questions about the weight...

just about every posting I see, about weight, the plane is about 750lbs...
once and awhile 500lbs or so.. . the question is this,

I am 5'8" and 230 and on my way down to 180... I have wondered if this plane
is going to be over weight just sitting fuled ready to go, before I even get
in. ( the plane is one of the best incentives I have to loose weight )

Is the VW 2180 going to be enough HP at 8000ft air density altitude to get
off the ground in the middle of July here in Denver.
If I use a Corvair engine to develop the HP I am going to plan on another
anoter 50-60 lbs once again, over weight.

so if these planes are so heavy and already close to gross, how in the heck
are realistically going to put 2 people in them and not be 1400lbs gross?

Is there anyone here in Co, that I could have come look at my plane in the
state its in... and give me a few opnions ( other then I'm ugly ) about the
workmans ship of my ship.

Thank you in advance,

Jeff Wilder