Jeff Wilder wrote:

> 2. Does anyone have any information about building them to 3100 CC using
> the
> VW jugs.

The page at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford/corvair/3100.html and the links
from there should answer just about anything.

> 3. Does anyone know if WW booklet describes building them out wiht the VW
> jugs.

My copy of the William Wynne manual just mentions that the 3100cc option is
possible, and that's about it.  Otherwise, his manual is indispensible if
you are going to build a Corvair, and since leadtime is an issue on anything
ordered from WW, order it soon.  It's the most important thing you need to
build a Vair engine.

Like Colin said, the 3100cc engine is a large effort, with lots of places to
go wrong.  I think at a minimum you add 32 different places where subpar
machine work can screw it up, so I'd only let Ray Sedman, Jeff Ballard, or
Wheelerizing actually do the machine work, and even then, you still need to
do a lot of checking and measuring.    As you can see from my 3100cc
webpage, this is not for first time engine builders that are in a hurry to
get flying. If you are really interested in building a Corvair engine, you
should join the CorvAircraft list by sending an email to
corvaircraft-j...@mylist.net .

 I'd be tempted to stick to the 2.7 liter engine, personally, even though I
DO enjoy a challange...

Mark Langford, Huntsville, Alabama
see KR2S project N56ML at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford
email to N56ML "at" hiwaay.net