Guy's
        I finally got the plane to the airport this week, which is a log
story in it's self ( best told with beverage). It sure is a lot harder to
get things done now. But fortunately it is mostly finial assembly and
rigging. I bought a Staples freight scale this week that goes to 400 #.
I checked it with some know weights and it seems to be right on and
reliable. I took three weights at each wheel with the plane all leveled
up. The left wheel is 257#. The right wheel is 251#. And the Nose wheel
was 198#. The grand total is 706 LBS empty weight. This is also with
unusable fuel in the wings and header. At this point the plane is
essentially complete, painted,wheel pants,spinner,and oil. I'm a pretty
happy guy this morning as I have been planning on 735 to 750. On the bad
side the scale's were less than friendly to the pilot by adding more than
10 lbs to his known weight I'll check the C/G numbers out latter today
when I find time to see if I built a useable airplane.
        Here is a little Yee Ha-- Building up to the Big One.
Joe Horton, Coopersburg, Pa.
joe.kr2s.buil...@juno.com