From: krnet-boun...@mylist.net [mailto:krnet-boun...@mylist.net]On
Behalf Of jsmon...@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 8:39 AM
To: kr...@mylist.net
Subject: KR> Diehl Main Gear

My spars are a little taller than stock KR2 Spars.  Still has enough wood to
be OK for through bolts.....but I was thinking that it might be good to put a
thin plate of 4130 on the back side (actually front side nose dtragger!) of
the spar from the casting to strengthen it up (size of casting).  Will still
use
washers on the backside.as well.  Any problems with that?? other than a
little added weight?

PS most of us probably shouldn't worry so much about our plane weight but
could much easier loose 10 pounds... of course except for Mark L.!

Thanks,
John Monday
KR2S Laguna Beach, CA