Eric,
Just my .02 worth. I did not use capacitance sender. I used the float and
was able to mount it on one of the baffle dividers in the tank. With the
float I was able to hook it up and calibrate it to the fuel gage before
the tanks were closed up. The down side is if the float ball develops a
leak and stops floating I will have to cut into the wing. In answer to
your question I would most likely put it on the elevated part of the tank
so that when it reads empty there is still reserve in the tank.
Joe