At 11:11 PM 7/8/2005, you wrote:
>I just recently purchased a Sonori spring gear complete with axles,  wheels,
>brakes and good tires. The dimensions are the same as the grove design  for
>the KR with the exception of the spacing between the leg bends which  is only
>27". Does anyone have any experience mounting this gear on a KR?
>Sure  want to
>use it as it only cost me $100.00 U.S..Needing some ideas.

That is too narrow to be used on a KR2, but there is a way that it might be
used after modification. The gear could be cut diagonally between the
bends.  The main support would be essentially the same and there would be a
hole drilled at the end of the taper.  This hole would be used to attach
the narrow end of the gear leg to a second pair of mounting
brackets.  There is a picture of one like this in Tony Bingelis' "Sport
Plane Construction Techniques" on page 247.  Since a Sonori is
approximately the same weight as a stock KR2, the gear should be adequate.

Don Reid  -  donreid "at" peoplepc.com
Bumpass, Va

Visit my web sites at:

AeroFoil, a 2-D Airfoil Design And Analysis Computer Program:
http://aerofoilengineering.com

KR2XL construction: http://aerofoilengineering.com/KR/KR2XL.htm
Aviation Surplus: http://aerofoilengineering.com/PartsListing/Airparts.htm
EAA Chapter 231: http://eaa231.org