The scale works great. But if you buy one, make sure it has small
increments. Mine measures with an increment of 2g (that is 0.07oz in stone
age units), and that's clearly not accurate enough to do small quantities
of resin mix. Take one with zeroing function as well, so that you can zero
it with your empty container on, or even with the first paert of the mix
in the container. Very convenient.

When I bought the scale, I came back home and said: "Darling, I bought you
a very nice kitchen scale!" My wife said: What do you want me to do with
that? You know I dislike complicated things in my kitchen!"; "Oh!" I said.
"Sorry. Not a problem, in that case, I will use it to mix my Epoxy
resins!" ;-)

Serge Vidal
KR2 "Kilimanjaro Cloud"
Paris, France

"Brian Kraut" <brian.kr...@engalt.com>

Envoyé par : krnet-boun...@mylist.net
2005-07-19 05:40
Veuillez répondre à KRnet
Remis le : 2005-07-19 05:40

        Pour :  "KRnet" <kr...@mylist.net>
        cc :    (ccc : Serge VIDAL/DNSA/SAGEM)
        Objet : RE: KR> epoxy pumps.

I use a small digital scale now that I got at Office Depot for about 30
bucks and I will not go back to measuring by volume again.

I used to use syringes also when I measured the epoxy by volume, but
instead
of directly syringing the epoxy I used to use water in the syringes to get
the volume markings I was looking for in a clear plastic cup then I would
dry the cup and put the epoxy and hardener in to the marks I made.

I also highly recommend saving your T-88 squeeze bottles to put your
laminating epoxy in later or using ketchup and mustard bottles.  The T-88
bottles clean out good with vinegar or acetone.

Brian Kraut
Engineering Alternatives, Inc.
www.engalt.com