The way I read what you cut and pasted is the same thing that has been said all
along. If by chance the aircraft receives an Experimental Certificate for
operations AS an LSA or ELSA then a Sport Pilot can operate it. If not he is
disqualified from its operation even if it is flown solo. I apologize if I was
not clear about that distinction between the two Operating Limitations which it
seems in later commentary that the FAA is defining the aircraft more by its
certified operating limitations than by the type of certificate.

Personally I am thinking that with all the changes opinions being expressed by
the EAA, FAA, AOPA, and DARs, the current take on things will be nothing like
what its final version will be a year or two from now.

Build flexibly....

Colin