From: krnet-bounces+mjones=muellersales....@mylist.net
[mailto:krnet-bounces+mjones=muellersales....@mylist.net]On Behalf Of
Orma
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2005 3:33 PM
To: KRnet
Subject: KR> Yeeeeee Haaaaaaaaa Moment

Hello Net

After completing the brake change from Matco to Cleveland, it was time to taxi
and flight test this named brand stopping power.   Lately I have had a few
senior moments and not much fun.  Yesterday I went to taxi test and fly after
thinking that I had finished the brakes and pulled Tweety out of the hanger.
After several attempts to start the engine with the fuel still turned off, I
finally got started.  The initial runup went well and brakes held and did not
have any air.  A short taxi later and I was at the runup pad.   I did a
complete preflight runup to include full power and the brakes held well.  On to
the runway and cleared for takeoff.  I clamped down on the brakes and applied
full power and all of a sudden the left brake went flat.  I aborted takeoff and
taxied back to the hanger.  Some fluid was dripping and I thought a seal had
ruptured.  Oh no, not another senior moment, there to my embarrassment lying on
the hanger floor was the inner pressure plate and brake pad.   I'm glad no was
around to see all this.   I put all the parts in pushed some 5606 from the
bleeder up to the master cylinder and went to work.  Well, this morning the OAT
was 69 here in SE Michigan.  The tower reported the wind as calm.  I went out
to the runway got clearance and away I went.  I had not been up in a month or
so, and Tweety was anxious to fly.  Away we went.  I had 3300 on the tach and
35 on the MP.  I climbed at 70.  I was shocked and excited at how beautiful and
still the air was and how hard Tweety climbed in the cool air.  I was at
pattern altitude before crossing the fence.  That equates to 1000 ft in about
30 seconds.  Yeeeeeee Haaaaaaaa!!!   What can you do before breakfast and work
that is that much fun.   How it's back to work on Tweety.  I can finish
draining my fuel tank, empty the oil and tip Tweety on her nose so that I can
do some painting on the bottom.
Orma
Southfield, MI
N110LR Tweety, old enough to drink this year
Flying and more flying, to the gathering or bust
http://www.kr-2.aviation-mechanics.com/