3343V <33...@swbell.net> wrote:
 I'm considering adding
an inch of foam to the bottom of the fuselage, then sanding a curve on it
and glassing the whole thing. Don't know if the reduction in drag is worth
the weight, though.
--

Hi Steve, I have some experience in doing what you plan to do. Adding that foam
for what? Drag reduction? The cowling will end up lower than the fuselage plane

If you are not careful with the resin and foam the weight will bite you in the
butt.

The standard KR2 was 64 lbs at the boat stage with center spars and fittings.
Mine is 80 lbs. I have streched mine to 24", and 6" wider and 2" taller.

Make sure you use the method as described by Mark Langford, where you say out
the cloth on plastic sheeting, so you can add just the right amount of resin to
the lay up. That really saves weight.

Good luck and good building.

See my fuselage construction @ the link below.

Ron Smith