Mike,
        A year and a half ago you posted about converting your project from
a "non-modified" (really?  Is there such a thing?) "KR2 on retractable gear"
to tri-gear.

        After a year on Krnet (I lost my heart to KR) and a year on
Sonextalk (my brother-in-law and prospective partner in building did not
want to get into fiberglass work), my brother-in-law and I became the
silly-happy new owners of N26LT this week.  I thought we were going to get a
Sonex kit when we could afford it, but we found this KR for sale with 300
hours on it, a HAPI VW 1835, and when he convinced himself he could fit in
it with seat dropped to the max, we bought it.  Our plane is a
"non-modified" (really?) KR2 on retractable gear.  We want to remove the
retractable gear and make it a tri-gear.  We would like to talk to anyone
who has been through this conversion about the process.

        You said you had a single piece Grove gear made up.  I thought there
was a bracket available to mount spring gear on the main spar in the wing
stubs?  What have others used for the main who mounted tri-gear?

        Oh, and it's great to be back on Krnet!  Next year we hope to make
it to the gathering. Thanks,

Rich H. Meyer
Cptcsd at npcc dot net
Phone 574-642-3963