I have to save all my pennies and vacation time, just to make one gathering.
At least, with one, I know that all the people and planes that can make it
to a gathering, will be at that one event. If there were two, I would miss
all the people and planes who went to the other one. Putting on a Gathering
is no small task and going to one also takes a lot of commitment. If people
want to get together more often, just let everyone know where and when, and
those who can make it, will.

A decision has to be made here, and whatever it is, is not going to make
everyone happy. But what Steve Glover just went through without killing
himself or damaging his airplane, no one should have to go through. A lesser
pilot would not have survived it. We have already lost too many planes to
bad weather at gathering time. I was close to not surviving the trip back
from Covington, the year the Long EZ was lost, returning from their
gathering at Rough River. We need to do something to better the odds of
having good weather. You cannot predict the weather, but there are certain
things that you do know about it. If you want KRs to show up, all you need
is good weather.

This is not Oshkosh nor is it Sun N Fun or any of the other BIG
commercialized events and I certainly hope that it does not become such an
event. This is a family that tries to get together once a year, let's keep
it that way.

See you in Mt. Vernon - 2005 - KR Gathering

See N64KR at http://KRBuilder.org - Then click on the pics

There is a time for building and a time for FLYING and the time for building
has expired.

Daniel R. Heath - Columbia, SC