As they say, "There are only two types of taildragger pilots, those that
have ground looped ond those that are going to in the future"
I am sorry but it has taken me ten years of skimping here and there to rake
together enough money to get my plane where it is today. I have seen too
many reports of guys spending years building their pride and joy only to
have it trashed before the first flight due to a ground loop.
I will wimp out and fit mine with a "training wheel" but nobody will know
anyway. It will be tucked away inside the fuz in flight with the mains.
Now I hear someone saying that one day I will forget to extend them, maybe
but it will be fitted with an automatic system like the Lancair that extends
the gear when the speed drops below a certain level.
Different strokes for different folks I guess. At least he built it and IS
flying it, unlike some of us myself included.
Mark, you can park your trycycle next to mine anyday!
Regards
Dene Collett
KR2S builder
Freelance whisper assembler