As far a HP and torque on the Corvair engine check out the info from the
dyno tests that WW performed at FLYCORVAIR.com.  Here is actual HP  performance
figures on an engine (0-200) as it came off the airplane and the  Corvair 110
as it came off the airplane.  These are HP and torque at the  prop and with
accessories.   It shows the difference to HP derived  from computation and
actual.  The claim on my Revemaster 2100 was 80 HP but  I never really believed
it.
I think that actual it was closer to 65 or  70.  Torque is a big factor.  The
Corvair has more torque on 5  cylinders than my VW 2100 turbo ever had.
Just food for  thought.  Bill