>Living in hot and sunny South Africa,  where carb icing altogether is a
>pretty rare occurrence, I felt happy with the answer, and I forgot about
>it..
>Serge Vidal

Lycombing suggest the range of 20 to 90 degrees F for the possibility
of carb icing.  You could be getting a temp drop through the carb
of 40+ degrees.  Also mentioned was the fact that certified engines
must be capable of raising the carb intake temp by 90 degrees F
at 75% power.

Your best chance for ice to form is on a warm (60 to 90 degree F)
and humid day.  Your carb may not have a venturi but the fuel
vaporizing will cause a big temp drop and could contribute to
carb ice.

Do a google search for carb ice.  Lots of info there.

Larry Flesner