I found that I needed the rudder pedals as far forward as I could get them, to
get enough knee room under the instrument panel.  I'm 6'0".

I ran a 1/2 x 1/2 aluminum angle vertically in the center of the firewall.  I
used a piece of 1/4" cold roll steel rod from one outside rudder pedal, through
a hole in the angle, and to the opposite outside rudder pedal.  When one pedal
goes in, the other comes out a similar amount.  That permitted  a couple of
inches more distance than the pulley/cable system that I tried initially.  A
bow in the rod is the tensioning device.

Your results may vary.

Jim Vance
va...@claflinwildcats.com