Netters,
     I want to thank all of you guys who took the time to respond to my request
for information on the Eggfenfellner engine.  I was told obvously by a person
who did not know what he was talking about that the engine in question was
really a Lycoming that had been modernized and modified using up to date
technology and was therefor far better than an original.
     The ad was for an RV9A.  All ad's I have seen for this aircraft with a
real Lycoming of 150, 160, or 165 HP are being priced out at $115,000 up to
$125,000.  This RV9A was priced at $80,000 and now I know why. The low price
was the first red light the second was the owner said his engine was 165 HP and
would cruse at 160 miles an hour burning only 6 gallons an hour on auto fuel.
He didn't say regular or high test.
     Needless to say, I will pass on this one.

Bob Stone, Harker Heights, Tx
rsto...@hot.rr.com