  From: Ron Smith
  To: kr...@mylist.net
  Sent: Friday, October 21, 2005 3:19 AM
  Subject: KR> Risk assesment

  The death of Steve Jones has me thinking hard. When I look at how many deaths
have occured in experimental aircraft and compare that to the number of
experimental aircraft that have been completed and flown, it seems to me that
our "hobby" is quite risky.

  I'm ok with that.

  Also I factor in that guys like Steve Jones are very intelligent folks,
meticulous, and thoughtful.

  I wonder why we build these small planes without BRS devices. That 3 thousand
dollars seem to me to be very cheap insurance.

  Now I know alot of guys will come out of the wood works and say that "as long
as you get the nose down, and fly the plane,  etc etc"

  I'm sure Steve knew to do all those things. He is gone.

  Am I all wrong in my thinking?