Thanks for the additional info regarding this very sad
event Mark.

Everytime I see someone on the list talk about
sandbags in the cockpit I always worry about the darn
things shifting around and as we all know it doesn't
take much shifting around, not to mention a loose 50
pound bag of sand, in a KR to make things interesting
for the pilot.

I wish that there was another way to do this testing.
Maybe barbell weights securely bolted to the
structure, that are installed in a way that you can
gradually increase the load without endangering the
test pilot.

Just a thought ... Denny