>I have never flown anything that has only electric pumps, but wouldn't it be
>best to use one as primary and the other just like a boost pump on
>an aircraft
>with a mechanical fuel pump.  i.e. 2nd pump on for take off and landing and
>anytime under 1000 ft agl.  Just my 2 cents worth
>Riley Collins

Yes.  Or as mine is set up, I can use either pump as primary and
usually try to alternate which one I use on a flight so as not to
always use the same one.  I also have a backup power source to
run my pumps in case of main electrical buss failure.  A single
flip of the a switch on a little red emergency panel and my pumps
are back on line.  You can see them at:

http://www.krnet.org/mvn2004/040929271.jpg

I do a functional check of the backup system before every engine
start.

Larry Flesner