I'm fitting a 60 inch Dia X 65 Inch Pitch Sweat Apple prop on my RG2000
engine. (26 to 2700 prop rpm max)
At the moment I have about 8 inch prop clearance. Because of the gear drive
and the high torque this engine produces, it is a waste of time fitting a
smaller dia prop.
I have been looking at Fitting the Mark L's extended main leg brackets, and
I have the Diehl tri gear. I want to extend the lower end of the front strut
2 inches,
1-Weld 2 inches to the front leg, and get the leg reheat treated. (4130)
2- make up a 2 inch extension that is machined interference to slid into the
front strut then weld and heat treat. (4130)
3- Make up a new longer swivel mount for the front strut fork. (4130) thus
leaving the front strut as standard.

Any ideas would be welcome.or New ideas I have not yet considered

I am not offended very easily and yes I can use the Delete button.

Phillip Matheson
VHPKR
Australia.
mathes...@dodo.com.au