http://krbuilder.org/AirworthinessInspectionComplete/index.html

As Jerry already posted, the inspection is over and the WannaBee has passed.
 Here are some more details and there is a link to a video of the dedication
 and a little real airplane noise making.

On Saturday, the 19th of November, the WannaBee became the Black Bird with
an airworthiness certificate for completing the test phase of the building
process. This was 1 month and 2 days after being moved to the hangar at KCUB
 The inspection was to be at 2 pm, so Jerry and I went for lunch and just
kept looking her over afterwards, but could not see anything else that
needed attention. The inspector arrived 30 minutes late due to a delay and
some headwinds, so we did not finish until a little before dark.

He said that we had done a good job with it and made only a couple of
suggestions. One was to safety wire the two plugs that are in the extra
ports on the fuel filter, and I did that immediately. The other was to
consider putting some different nuts on the bolts that hold down the oil
cooler on the end where the input and output is. We will do that as soon as
I find out exactly what size those bolts are as I don't want to remove them
completely.

The show stopper was the letters N64KR which I had put on in the same font
as the other lettering for Black Bird. I wish that I had either checked with
him on them first or at least had a decent set on hand. He would not pass it
until we changed them and offered to wait until we could do it. While I took
off the nice letters, Jerry went to Lowes and found these really SHITTY ones
 that meet the FAA specs. They will get changed as soon as I can get some
new ones and get them approved by this inspector. This was the only really
dark spot on otherwise great day.

As you will see in the video, Jerry and I toasted her and christened her
Black Bird, for her black underside and stripes to be. Then he took her for
a little taxi and I followed with the same.

For those of you concerned about ground handling on a KR, take note of the
control Jerry has of this craft. He has never flown one and this is only the
second time that he has taxied it.

I don't know when the first flight will be, but I am hoping for next weekend
sometime.

See N64KR at http://KRBuilder.org - Then click on the pics

See you in Mt. Vernon - 2006 - KR Gathering

There is a time for building and a time for FLYING and the time for building
is OVER.

Daniel R. Heath - Lexington, SC