Joe if you were doing 173 and pulled the power to idle or near idle in order
to slow down or loose alt coupled with the cool temps you proberly did get
some carb ice. Any time you pull the power especially with the high
compression corvair you need the carb heat. If you don't, it will ice up
faster than you can imagine!!

Mike Turner
Jackson, Missouri
Swing the prop and light the fire, dance amoung the stars.........N642MC