Wales, WI  USA
E-mail me at flyk...@wi.rr.com
Visit my NEW
KR-2S CorvAIRCRAFT web site at www.flykr2s.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lee Van Dyke" <l...@vandyke5.com>
To: "KRnet" <kr...@mylist.net>
Sent: Friday, November 25, 2005 10:13 PM
Subject: KR> Great day for a desert flight

> Netters,
>
> The tank has been repaird and glassed back in.  Its not real pretty but
after reading the other flight stories on the net I had to go.  I got to the
airport this morning, OK almost afternoon.  Gased up and fired it up.  Since
it was so cold,,,,, about 65 I had to let it warm up for full 5 minutes.
Everything was looking good.  I taxied around for about 10 minutes, and then
decided to give it a test.  I taxied to the active and was cleared, I can
tell by the sound in the controlers voice that he was happy to see me back
running.  I took off and had plans to fly to Yuma, but wanted to fly close
to the airport at first until all felt fine.  After about 10 minutes I
decided to head west.  I was about 40 mile out and that little voice inside
said...."what are you doing'?  the big voice said flying to Yuma shut up.  I
checked all temps, the map and went to Yuma.  Being a Marine Corps base as
well as small commercial airport, I wanted to have all my ducks in a row.  I
listened to ATIS and