I have a progress report for those of you that think I am flying the Stang
all the time and not working on the KR at all.  I just got the Grove gear on
the KR and have it back sitting on its own wheels.  It is a real good
feeling after having it hang by the engine mount from the rafters in my
garage for two weeks.

Even though the Grove is probably easier than the Diehl for a refit, it is
still a bunch of work.  They don't have attach brackets so I made some up
out of 3/8" 6061 aluminum plate.  I welded them up then had them heat
treated back to T6 temper.  I also had my Diehl type brackets for the 2S
done at the same time.

Taking the old retract gear off is a real pain and took me about three
nights after work.  This is my second KR I have done this to and it doesn't
get easier the second time.  It is a real pain because you are leaning into
the plane from outside while it is hanging from the ceiling.  You can't get
in and work because you have to take the seat out.

Now that I can roll it around I am going to roll it into the driveway while
I wall up the garage door and change that garage into my office.  Then I can
clean out my other garage and have a big workshop again.

Brian Kraut
Engineering Alternatives, Inc.
www.engalt.com