Hi, Dene.

Now that you mention it, I'm pretty sure these ignition switches are
double pole, although I can't remember how they are wired. I must dig out
that wiring diagram.

I always knew Rob was a daring man! But I find hard to don't believe that
battery story, because that is only a 7.2 amps battery, and coils must
take a serious drain! In my experience, as soon as the battery voltage
drops, the engine is much harder to start, too. Anyway, as soon as I
restart the engine, I plan to run a test on ground to see what the
situation is with the dual ignition. If I don't get at least 20 minutes on
battery only, then I will think of upgrading the battery.

Serge Vidal
KR2 "Kilimanjaro Cloud"
Paris, France

"AVLEC" <av...@telkomsa.net>

Envoyé par : krnet-boun...@mylist.net
12/27/2005 09:10 PM
Veuillez répondre à KRnet
Remis le : 12/27/2005 09:02 PM

        Pour :  "KRnet" <kr...@mylist.net>
        cc :    (ccc : Serge VIDAL/DNSA/SAGEM)
        Objet : Re: Réf. : KR> Serge's ignition

Hi Serge
I spoke to Rob this morning and he says that he had it wired like that all
the time (through a double pole switch). The only thing I would have
changed
in his case would have been to install a second battery so that the 12V
supply could be changed out as well. When you talk about a relay, it is
really a solid state device and not an electro mechanical relay.That
ignition must be very light on
power, he says that he ran the motor without an alternator for the first
100hrs or so without ever recharging the battery! Just how accurate his
memory
is I don't know. His address is: 158 Villiers Road Walmer Port Elizabeth
6056.
Regards
Dene Collett
KR2SRT builder