I know that I am not Mark, but I will give you my thought on this anyway.

Unless you are hooked on making your bow out of wood, I don't see any reason
to not make it out of foam and glass. I started our bow that way and it was
one very difficult job. Then I got the idea of cutting a piece of foam to
the shape that I wanted the canopy to be, and glassing it. This worked
perfectly and I would never do it any other way.

I agree with Mark on using the very coarse sandpaper. Resin does not like to
stick to acrylic, and you really have to give it something to bite into.

After you make your cut, be sure to sand the exposed edge, along the edge,
not across it, until it is smooth. If you leave nicks in it, you are
exposing yourself to a creeping crack later on.

See N64KR at http://KRBuilder.org - Then click on the pics

See you in Mt. Vernon - 2006 - KR Gathering

There is a time for building and a time for FLYING and the time for building
is OVER.

Daniel R. Heath - Lexington, SC