I am after some advice on fuel tanks, would a alumimium tank give better
crash protection than a fabricated foam and glass tank, but I guess a glass
tank integral with the turtle deck would add a lot of stiffness to the front
end? and a glass/turtle deck I suppose would just be epoxied into the top
fuselage frames. How do most people fit alumimium tanks, bolt them in or
glass/flox to the upper longeron, extra cross members and  straps? Anyone had
any experience in using the Summit drag racing tanks? Are these foam filled
tanks much use in an accident? Does the foam have much affect on the flow rate
if the tank is ruptured? There also plastic I believe, so probably not much use
in a fire.
    I am also a bit curious as to why gussets are not added inside the fuse
cross members and the side frame vertical members, so that teh fuselage cross
section becomes 8 sided , I would have thought they would have added a lot of
torsional rigidity to the fuselage, no one much seems to fit them. Any reason
why they cannot be fitted?
    And spar varnish, why is it called spar varnish, ( nothing to do with spars
on sailing ships?), and what is its main claim to fame, and finally, can anyone
tell me what process is going on chemically speaking after spruce is exposed to
sunlight/air and discolouring.

                                    Chris Johnston.