--Scarfing is not a big problem and only takes a mater of minutes to
accomplish.  I have built my entire airframe scarfing the ply by hand.  I did
not use the disc on a drill method in the assembly manual. I used 1 x 2 pine
cut about 18" long and using spray mount adhesive I affixed 80 then 100 then
150 grain sandpaper to each of the 1 x 2.  Start with the 80 then end with the
150.  (I found out later it should have been 220 but the 150 had worn down to
about 220 when I was done.) Using long even pressure and the ply resting even
on the edge of the worktable. I was able to get a scarf around 10 times wider
then the thickness.  To reassure I was staying straight I drew parallel lines
1/8" apart for about 1 1/2". The hardest part is having the second piece match
the first one.  To get this you should work on an entire 4' section of ply
watch the laminates very very close and keep them even.  when you rip out  each
web member you need  one will match the other.  Problem solved and work
continued. Good luck

Steven Phillabaum
KR2S; 5048; corvair;
Auburn, Alabama