If you stop and think about it.WW's opinion is just that.You do not have to
read his manual or buy conversion parts from him or watch his tapes.Many of
us choose to listen to him because he doe's a lot of the leg work that we
don't have time to do(family,church,kids basketball,flying,fly-ins) or what
ever.$50.00 is pretty cheap insurance,but this is experimental aviation and
if you don't believe that getting your crank nitrided is necessary,then that
is your opinion.I am not convinced that grinding then under with the wrong
radius is not more of a factor then the issue of nitiding,but that is my
opinion and again $50.00 is cheap insurance.I just spent $90.00on a Turn &
Bank indicator,I could fly without it,but feel better having it....Just my
thought,I'm glad I was not in Mark Langfords position and found out the hard
way...

Bob Glidden
Eminence,Indiana
KR2S N181FW (building)