Michaela, you're soooo right!
Joachim

aircraft plans, most from the original source, but a couple online from
third parties after confirming they had not been previously used to build a
plane. When purchasing from the original designer, or the designer's heirs,
I'm often, no usually, very disappointed in the level of service. More than
once, I have had to call/email over and over, even threaten legal action,
just to receive the plans I have pre-paid for. In one case, I simply never
received them, but my check was cashed...  Ironically, the plans I have
purchased or traded for through e-groups or Barnstormers have arrived
promptly, in excellent condition, as promised. I recently traded one of my
sets for another design and both of us simply gave each others word that we
would put them in the mail, provided each other with the confirmation
delivery number, and within a week, we both were proud owners of designs we
were now interested in.

> There are a lot of good people in the world, but not everyone has what it
takes to run a business. If plans distributors want to make $$ off their
intellectual property, but don't want to, or perhaps are unable to, take on
the responsibility of providing quality service I wish they would admit so
to themselves and find a distributor who is willing to do so. I'm sure
there are companies out there who would be happy to take on the
responsibility of licensing KR plans, and would probably provide Mrs. Rand
reasonable compensation for doing so. Its not exactlly a new business
model...

> Tony
>
> ps this opinion may be worth twice the value of my previous post... and
three times what you paid for it...