Steve Phillabaum wrote:

> I am setting my Diehl type landing gear brackets today and was wondering
> if people are floxing them to the spar?  If so? mine are powder coated and
> should I remove or scratch the surface?

I used T-88 on mine, so I suspect it's there to stay.  I think there are two
sides to this.  I glued mine to keep it from working back and forth and
elongating the holes throught the spar caps.  Apparently it works, as my
first landing was over 5 g's.  Marty Roberts developed a leak in his fuel
tank vent system, and it was caused by his brackets working loose and poking
a hole in something.

On the other hand, MANY things that I've glued in place with T-88 thinking
it would never need to move, I eventually needed to move!  So if you have
any clue that you might want to change your gear type or something like
that, don't use T-88 on it.

As for powder paint, it's pretty tenacious stuff, but I'd still remove it
completely where I want to epoxy it.  That's not going to be easy, but some
coarse grit on a belt or palm sander ought to do it in a hurry.

Mark Langford, Huntsville, Alabama
see KR2S project N56ML at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford
email to N56ML "at" hiwaay.net